What dates do the various options run?
The season's dates are as follows:
- Early Bird subscription (3 deliveries) is bi-weekly with deliveries on 10 & 24 May and 7 June;
- Main Season subscription (15 deliveries) is weekly from 21 June to 27 September;
- Extended Season subscription (9 deliveries) is weekly from 4 October to 29 November;
- Fruit Share Main Season option (13 deliveries) is from 5 July to 27 September;
- Fruit Share Extended Season option (9 deliveries) is from 4 October to 29 November.
What does a CSA subscription cost?
Pricing for the CSA is as follows:
- Each weekly box of vegetables is $35 ($525 for the Main Season's 15 weeks, $840 for the Main and Extended Season of 24 weeks);
- Fruit share options are $29.58/week ($384.54 for the Main Season's 13 weeks, $650.76 for the Main and Extended Season of 22 weeks);
- Egg share (1 dozen) options are $7/week.
- 5% discount is applied for payment in full at sign-up, bringing the weekly cost of the veggie box to $33.25;
- 2.5% discount is applied for payment in two instalments, one payment at sign-up and on 1 June, bringing the weekly cost of the veggie box to $34.13;
- Five instalment payments are available (one at sign-up and monthly payments on 1 June, 1 July, 1 August, 1 September);
- A $10 annual membership fee is charged at sign-up to cover the costs of CSA management and payment processing.
What is in each box?
We have created a planning chart that will give you an idea of what a typical box will look like each week during the season. You can find the chart on our CSA Info page.
What if I am away during the season?
If you know the dates you will be away when you sign up, you can place a delivery hold on your account. Follow these instructions:
- Sign up for the share combination you would like;
- When choosing a payment option, select to pay by cheque . . . but don't actually make any payment yet;
- Log into your account and place a hold for the dates you will be away. If you need help with this, just send us the exact dates you'll be away;
- Once this is complete, we will send you a revised balance.
During the season, you are able to place your delivery on hold up to two times, as long as the hold is placed by the end of day Monday prior to your delivery. This will result in a credit on your account that may be used during the season for extra produce, as our supply permits.
Why is there a membership fee?
In 2018 we have set up a $10 membership fee for the CSA program to cover the costs of our CSA management software and payment processing fees. A membership fee is common in many CSA programs. In our case, it allows us to separate out a flat fee for CSA overhead while allocating the full cost of each share option to food from the farm businesses.