Glen Valley Organic Farm runs a Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) program, serving over 250 households in Vancouver and the Western Fraser Valley. We are seeking a part-time driver to help us with delivering our weekly harvest boxes.
Glen Valley Organic Farm is seeking a temporary, part-time driver to deliver our CSA Harvest Boxes. Interested in getting quality organic food out to families across the lower mainland? Read on!
• MUST have a valid BC Class 5 Driver License (No N / L)
• Must be available to work on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 23 weeks (see below for detailed description of dates)
• Ability to drive a diesel cube van with a 16’ box
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs repetitively and use a dolly
• Ability to drive in traffic
• Clean drivers abstract
• Must pass a criminal background check
• Efficient time management
• Great knowledge of the lower mainland area
• Ability to follow the direction of Supervisor/ Dispatcher
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Capable of working under time constraints to get boxes delivered to members on time
• Positive attitude, good communication skills in front of members, and ability to work well in a team environment
• Previous Courier or delivery driver experience with Skip the Dishes, Save on Foods, UPS, FedEx, etc. is an asset.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Load, deliver and unload between 200-230 rubbermaid totes that will weigh between 10 to 25 lbs weekly to 15 delivery locations.
• Follow inventory by drop off location and carefully review member box labels to ensure location delivery is correct.
• Plan travel schedules and routes, use maps and other trip planning aids.
• Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle, record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems.
• Pick up and deliver empty rubbermaid totes at the end of each delivery and return delivery vehicle.
What we have to offer:
Job Types: Temporary, Part-time
Hours to complete route: Approximately 11-15 hours/week
Salary: $20.00 per hour of work
More about our CSA Delivery for 2021:
For 23 weeks of each year our farm packs about 200 boxes of produce for delivery to subscribers in the Lower Mainland. These boxes are delivered over two days -- Wednesdays and Thursdays -- to 15 pick-up locations in Langley, Coquitlam, Burnaby, North Vancouver and Vancouver.
We pack our boxes in standard Rubbermaid totes. All boxes are clearly labeled and correspond to a packing list. Each box weighs between 10 and 25 lbs.
Approximately 50 deliveries on Wednesdays go to 5 locations in Langley, Coquitlam and New Westminster. Departing our farm at noon, the route is 98 km and the delivery time is approximately 4 hours.
An additional 150 boxes are delivered on Thursdays, going to 10 locations in Burnaby, North Vancouver and Vancouver. Departing from our farm at 9:00 a.m. the route is 157 km and the delivery time is approximately 7 hours.
Each route distance and timing includes returning empty bins to the farm at the end of the day.
Our 2021 deliveries are scheduled as follows:
• 5-6 May
• 19-20 May
• 2-3 June
• Weekly thereafter on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 23 June through 28 October.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and availability in the position, in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org