Our 2020 Season is now sold out. If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also explore Farm Folk City Folk's website to find more CSA programs in the region
In 2020 we are offering the choice between two vegetable subscriptions:
- A weekly "Full Share" vegetable subscription 20 weeks in length, including a selection of seasonal crops, plus berries and rhubarb as available;
- A bi-weekly "Half Share" veggie subscription, with 10 deliveries over the same 20 week period
We also have fruit and eggs available to be added in addition to your veggie subscription:
- Add a Fruit share option to your produce subscription, including cherries, apricots, plums, peaches, apples and pears from Snowy Mountain Organics in Cawston;
- Add an Egg Share option, from the hens at Glen Valley Organic Farm
We have many pick up locations around the Lower Mainland, offer flexible Payment plan options and a discount for early payment.
96% of our 2018 members and 99% of our 2019 members rated their CSA experience as 'very positive' or 'somewhat positive'
85% of our 2018 members and 92% of our 2019 members rated their CSA experience as 'very positive'
Pricing for the 2020 CSA Season is as follows:
- Each weekly box of vegetables is $37.85/week ($757 for 20 weeks, or $378.50 for 10 weeks);
- Each weekly Fruit share option is $31.25/week ($562.50 for 18 weeks, or $281.25 for 9 weeks);
- Each weekly Egg share option (1 dozen eggs) is $9.00/week ($180 for 20 weeks, or $90 for 10 weeks);
- 5% discount is applied for payment in full at sign-up, bringing the weekly cost of the veggie box down to $35.95;
- 2.5% discount is applied for payment in two installments, one payment at sign-up and on 1 June, bringing the weekly cost of the veggie box down to $36.90;
- Five installment payments are available (one at sign-up and monthly payments on 1 June, 1 July, 1 August, 1 September);
- A $10 annual membership fee is charged at sign-up to cover the costs of CSA management and payment processing.
The 2020 season dates are as follows:
- Full Share subscription is weekly from 18 June to 29 October;
- Half Share subscription is bi-weekly:
- The "EVEN" cohort will begin 18 June and end 22 October
- The "ODD" cohort will begin 25 June and end 29 October
- Egg share deliveries occur along with your veggie delivery.
- Fruit share deliveries are anticipated to begin in the first week of July and finish on 29 October. They occur along with your veggie delivery.
We grow an array of different crops for our CSA, including:
- Leafy Greens: Lettuce, Kale, Chard, Spinach, Sorrel, Arugula, Mizuna
- Field Crops: Beans, Peas, Onions, Shallots, Zucchini, Winter Squash, Melons, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Broccolini
- Root Crops: Potatoes, Beets, Carrots, Garlic
- Herbs: Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Chives, Parsley, Dill, Cilantro
- Fruit and Berries: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Rhubarb
81% of our 2019 CSA members said their vegetable consumption 'increased somewhat' or ' increased significantly' as a result of joining our program
In 2020 members can choose from any of our pickup locations in the following neighborhoods:
- On site at Glen Valley Organic Farm in Abbotsford (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Fort Langley (Main season pickup on Wednesday)
- Langley - Walnut Grove (Main season pickup on Wednesday)
- Langley Centre / Surrey East (Main season pickup on Wednesday)
- Coquitlam (Main season pickup on Wednesday)
- New Westminster - Sapperton (Main season pickup on Wednesday)
- Burnaby North (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- North Vancouver (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Lynn Creek (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver- Kitsalano (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver - Cambie/Oak (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver - Ontario Street (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver - Fraser and King Edward (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver - Mount Pleasant (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver - Commercial Drive (Main season pickup on Thursday)
- Vancouver - Renfrew (Main season pickup on Thursday)
Below is a planning chart with our weekly production targets for 2018. And below are some past CSA share photos.
Take a look - this will give you an idea of what you can expect in 2020.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about our program! We look forward to having you as a part of our farming season!